Some links to credit cards and other products may earn a referral commission. Furthermore, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For full advertising disclosure, click here.
The National Park Service offers free annual passes ($80 value) for active military and dependents.
There are some stipulations for use:
- Only one vehicle (pass owner occupied) is covered. The second vehicle is subject to an entrance fee.
- The pass covers the owner and three adults (age 16 and up). Children 15 and under are free.
- The pass does not cover additional fees such as camping, boating, etc.
- The pass cannot ‘loaned’ to another individual.
Note: There is not a pass specifically for veterans, however, they usually qualify for a discounted pass.
Passes can be obtained at any federal recreation site that issues passes. A proper military ID (Common Access Card or DD Form 1173) is required.
Lastly, the annual pass will be honored at any site that charges an entrance fee:
- Bureau of Land Management http://www.blm.gov
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers http://www.usace.army.mil
- Bureau of Reclamation http://www.usbr.gov
- Fish and Wildlife Service http://www.fws.gov
- USDA Forest Service http://www.fs.fed.us
- National Park Service http://www.nps.gov
For more information, please visit the United States Geological Survey website.