A severe winter storm will impact Chicago this weekend. The storm is expected to last through Sunday. Airlines are offering travel waivers for passengers scheduled that may have their plans interrupted. Below is a list of the current major carriers travel waivers:
- Chicago-O’Hare, IL (ORD)
February 3, 2018 – February 4, 2018
Flight changes: The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing on or before February 7, 2018, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
United has issued the following warning for travelers in Minneapolis:
- 5 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE: Check out of your hotel.
- 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE: Turn in your rental car.
- 3 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE: Check your bags at ticket counter.
- 2 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE: Get in line at TSA security.
- 1 HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE: Be at your gate.
If you’re traveling to/through/from:
- Chicago, Illinois (ORD)
The change fee may be waived if you:
- Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
- Bought your ticket by February 1, 2018
- Are scheduled to travel February 3 – 4, 2018
- Can travel February 1 – 7, 2018
- Don’t change your origin or destination city
- Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
Change your trip
If your trip is eligible, you can change it online. Here’s how:
- Find your trip
- If your trip is eligible, you’ll see the option to ‘change trip’ in the toolbar
Call Reservations to change your trip.
To all you affected by the storm, traveling or not, my thoughts are with you. If you are a traveler, please contact your airline so that you can be rerouted, compensated, or both. At the very least, you will be able to stay inside to watch all of the Super Bowl coverage Sunday.