I have been an American Express cardholder for a few months. In that time, I have fallen in love with the company. The benefits of the American Express Platinum card are amazing, especially if you are an active duty military member. The American Express Platinum card currently offers 60,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points when you spend $5,000 on purchases within three months.
Yesterday, I received an e-mail that informed that I could earn additional points by adding authorized users to the American Express Platinum card.
Here is the fine print:
- You HAVE to add members through the e-mail
- You earn 5,000 Membership Rewards points after they spend $500 within three months of open the card
- Limited to 4 additional cards for a total of 20,000 Membership Rewards points
- The annual fee for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards is $175. Each Additional Platinum Card after the first 3 Cards, is $175.
The cardholders will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive rates, breakfast, and complimentary upgrades through Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- Access to American Express Global Lounge Collection
I do not think that I will be getting additional cards. This could be beneficial only if the additional traveled as much or more than I do. In that case, I would advise them to get their own American Platinum card for the full benefits.