Last month, I posted about an upcoming trip to Europe. I was excited to spend extended time in Italy, Germany, and the United Kingdom. That excitement went away last Friday because I had to cancel the trip for personal reasons. I am disappointed that I will not get to visit Europe, but it gives me time to plan my next adventure. So, that leads me to this question: what country should I visit next?
Here is a short list:
1. United Arab Emirates. I would love to visit Dubai again. I have not been to the country since 2005. Emirates Airlines has a direct flight from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport to Dubai. A one way ticket in business would set me back 113,750 Skywards Miles. I could transfer the necessary miles from my American Express Membership Rewards account.
2. New Zealand/Australia. Queenstown, New Zealand is one of my favorite places on the planet. I am dying to visit the city again. I could Fly Air Canada one way in Economy from the United States to New Zealand or Australia for 90,000 Aeroplan miles. Air Canada is also an AMEX transfer partner.
3. Singapore. Singapore is an eclectic country that welcomes everyone with open arms. I flew Singapore Airlines’ First Class in 2016 and have been dying to fly the airline again. For 110,000 Krisflyer miles, I could fly one way between Texas and Singapore in First Class. That is quite a deal. The airline has some of the best food in the sky and the nicest crews.
4. Japan. Okinawa and Tokyo will always have a place in my heart. The food, history, and nice people make Japan a place that I will always want to visit. All Nippon Airways has roundtrip Business Class awards for 95,000 ANA Mileage Club miles. While their Business Class is older, it provides a comfortable flight to Japan.
5. Anywhere. I am a very spontaneous person so it is nothing for me to plan a trip on Thursday and leave on Friday. I am always looking for fun travel destinations. Do not be surprised if I post from an unplanned trip.
I am bummed that I had to cancel my EuroTrip, but am excited about travels. Please follow along as I plan out a great trip.
What country do you think I should visit? What airline would you fly?