Some links to credit cards and other products may earn a referral commission. Furthermore, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For full advertising disclosure, click here
A severe winter storm is scheduled to impact parts of Texas beginning today and continuing through Friday morning. The storm has the potential to produce freezing rain and/or a few inches of snow. As of this morning, American Airlines is the only major carrier to offer a travel waiver for passengers that may have their plans interrupted.
If you’re traveling to/through/from:
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
The change fee may be waived if you:
- Are traveling on an American Airlines flight
- Bought your ticket by January 1, 2019
- Are scheduled to travel January 2-3, 2019
- Can travel November January 1-6, 2019
- Don’t change your origin or destination city
- Rebook in the same cabin or pay the difference
Change your trip
If your trip is eligible, you can change it online. Here’s how:
- Find your trip
- If your trip is eligible, you’ll see the option to ‘change trip’ in the toolbar
- Call Reservations to change your trip.
This storm does not appear that it will cause a major disruption in travel. If you have really have to be somewhere, I would transit DFW as soon as possible. For everyone else, enjoy the freezing precipitation because we do not get it enough in Texas. Safe travels.