Some links to credit cards and other products may earn a referral commission. Furthermore, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For full advertising disclosure, click here
Now that we are a few days into the new year, I wanted to give you all my goals for the year to come. If you have been following the blog for some time, you know that my trips are spontaneous and usually last minute. I will try to do a little better in that area this year, but I am not making any promises. LOL. The nine travel goals below (listed in no particular order) are trip aspirations for various reasons. While this is a huge undertaking, I plan to accomplish all nine by the end of the year.
1. Fly on United Airlines 737 MAX. I have flown on almost all of United Airlines aircraft, to include the 777-300, 777-200, 787-9, 757-200, 757-300, 737-800, 737-900, CRJ-700, A319, A320, ERJ-175, and ERJ-145. The list did not seem that long until I started typing it. 😯 The 737 MAX is the next aircraft on my agenda. Had it not been for delays a few months ago, I would have accomplished this task.
2. Travel to Japan on All Nippon Airways or Japan Airlines. I lived in japan for four years and have visited the country numerous times after returning to the states (before the blog). I want to take a trip there in the spring aboard ANA and/or JAL. I have flown on ANA once in business class from Chicago to Tokyo and thoroughly enjoyed it. Having never flown JAL so this trip will allow me to compare the two biggest carriers in Japan.
3. Travel to Germany on Lufthansa. I have read numerous reviews of Lufthansa aircraft. Those reviews, coupled with my own avgeekness, have piqued my interest in reviewing their product. The class of service does not matter, I want to experience Germany’s flag carrier. If the opportunity presents itself, I will fly in first class so I can visit the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt.
4. Travel to New Zealand on Air New Zealand or Qantas. I last visited Australia/New Zealand in the fall of 2016 thanks an outrageous fare deal from American Airlines. I was able to visit places that I did not think was possible. Queenstown, New Zealand was my favorite stop during the trip. The city was gorgeous and the people were friendly. The opportunity to fly Qantas and/or Air New Zealand is the icing on the cake.
5. Travel to Brazil. South America, much like Africa, is a continent that I have not visited. This will hopefully change this year. I just need to figure which airline to review.
6. Travel to Hawaii. I have been to Hawaii numerous times for work. During those visits, I have enjoyed myself but I did not travel beyond Oahu. Some time this year, I want to take my mom to Hawaii. We have been talking about it for years but it still has not happened.
7. Complete an around the world trip. When this trip occurs, it will be epic. I have seen other bloggers touch every continent during these trips in some form or fashion, which gave me inspiration for the trip. The main thing that I want to experience is United Airlines’ Island Hopper from Hawaii to Guam.
8. Travel to Iceland. Five words: Northern lights and fermented shark. That sounds like a horrible combination, but is something that I want to experience. There are plenty of airline options to get to the country.
9. Travel to Alaska. I have been to Anchorage and Fairbanks on quite a few occasions. The weather is brutal in the winter and the mosquitoes are as big as a hand in the summer, but that will not stop me from visiting. I want to go on this trip so my son can experience Santa’s house in North Pole, Alaska, I am sure that he will love it.
This list is very ambitious, to say the least, but I look forward to accomplishing each goal. It reminds me of a friend’s favorite quote, “if it was easy, everyone would do it“. Cheers to 2019 and all that it has to offer.