Last week, I wrote a post openly questioning which Marriott Annual Choice Benefit I should select. The options for the benefit were Five Suite Night Awards, gift of Silver Elite status for a friend or family member, Five Elite Night Credits, $100 USD donation to UNICEF, or 40% off a hotel bed purchase. The suite night upgrades and the gifting of elite status to a friend or family member were the options that intrigued me.
I finally made a selection for my Marriott Annual Choice Benefit. What did I choose? Five Suite Night Awards. The suite nights provide me more value while traveling than any of the other options.
Here is how the suite nights work:
- Able to redeem the award(s) directly on Marriott’s websites, mobile apps or by calling Member Support.
- Marriott will begin looking for upgrades within five days of arrival.
- If no upgrade is available five days prior to arrival, Marriott will contact the guest.
- If the award cannot be confirmed by 2pm on the day of arrival, Marriott will send an e-mail and credit the award back to the guest’s account.
How to cancel awards:
- Suite night awards may be canceled until 2pm hotel time the day before the guest arrives, if the award has not been confirmed.
- If the upgrade has been confirmed, guests must cancel the entire reservation to have the award redeposited.
- If the reservation is cancelled after 2pm local hotel time the day before arrival, all suite night awards will be forfeited.
I do not plan to cancel any of my upcoming Marriott reservations. If something should arise, I will ensure that I know the hotel’s cancellation policy, I do not want a surprise 30 day cancellation policy again. I am excited to use this benefit during future international travel.