- Introduction: International Balloon Fiesta Weekend
- Review: Courtyard Marriott – Amarillo Downtown
- Review: Ember’s Steakhouse – Amarillo
- Review: Holiday Inn & Suites – Albuquerque North
- Review: Day 1, Evening Session – International Balloon Fiesta
- Review: Day 2, Morning Session – International Balloon Fiesta
- Review: Monroe’s New Mexican Food
This weekend, I made the 7 hour drive to Albuquerque to experience the Balloon Fiesta. I had not heard of the festival until last year when one of best friends visited with his family and told me about the experience. I began planning this trip in early August, even with the event two months out, hotels were filling up fast.
I separated the first leg of the trip into two days. The first night was spent at the Courtyard Marriott in Downtown Amarillo.
After sitting in the car for four hours, I grabbed some food at Ember’s Steakhouse.
Before getting on the road to Albuquerque, I made a quick stop at Cadillac Ranch.
The hotel situation came down to the Marriott and Holiday Inn. Ultimately, I decided on the Holiday Inn.
After settling in, I made my way to Balloon Fiesta Park for the Twilight Twinkle Glow.
The next morning, I went back to the park to see the Mass Ascension.
It was first time visiting Albuquerque and I was pleasantly surprised. The Balloon Fiesta is a must visit for any aviation enthusiast. I hope to visit this event again.