- Introduction: International Balloon Fiesta Weekend
- Review: Courtyard Marriott – Amarillo Downtown
- Review: Ember’s Steakhouse – Amarillo
- Review: Holiday Inn & Suites – Albuquerque North
- Review: Day 1, Evening Session – International Balloon Fiesta
- Review: Day 2, Morning Session – International Balloon Fiesta
- Review: Monroe’s New Mexican Food
Monroe’s New Mexican Food is located 5 minutes away from the Holiday Inn on Osuna Road Northeast. There is a second location on Lomas Boulevard in the northwestern side of Albuquerque.
The parking lot was small and the line was out of the door. The hostess stand is to the left when entering the restaurant. The hostess stand doubled as a gift shop.
Amazingly, I was seated in less than 10 minutes. The waitress explained the ‘team concept’ for the wait staff. This meant that everyone waiter/waitress could help me. She provided the following menus and took my drink order.
I asked for recommendations and she suggested the chile relleno stuffed with chicken. Say no more…
I also ordered the beef fajitas…
Despite the crowd, the food was out in less than 10 minutes.
I enjoyed the restaurant. The staff were really nice and the food was delicious. I will definitely eat at Monroe’s when I visit Albuquerque again.